I recently needed a fun yet professionally taken photo of myself to go with my biography on the website of the company I work for.
I started looking for outdoor photo ideas and came across a Houston Mural Guide, which made me realize that so much has changed in the Houston mural scene! I immediately fell in love with the idea of doing a photo shoot at a colorful mural so I went ahead and booked a photo session with a photographer I found on Instagram.
The options were endless, but I decided to go to the #BiscuitPaintWall. And I couldn’t have made a better decision! Here are some of the photos from the shoot:
The #BiscuitPaintWall is part of an adorable little shop called Biscuit Home in the Montrose area of Houston. Here are some additional facts and info:
- Painted by French artist, Sebastien Boileau in May of 2014.
- Address: Biscuit Home store at 1435 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77006.
- Parking: easily available by the side of the street and on parking lot during business hours.
- Best time for a photo session: Sunday mornings or early in the mornings during weekdays will probably be best, otherwise you will find it difficult to shoot since the wall is part of a business, and often there will be cars parked right in front of the mural.
- You can learn more about the mural by clicking here.